This week on Cognitive Dissonance, Tom and Cecil cover more disturbing articles from recent news. The first story on the block, Pakistan bans Valentine’s Day for being Un-Islamic. No more heart shaped burkas for your sweetie. Faith-based organizations from Christian News express opposition to a St. Louis proposal adding Women who’ve aborted to the Non-Discrimination Ordinance. According to these groups:
“This horrible piece of legislation will now force city residents to be unwilling participants in the abortion business by requiring business owners and individuals to tacitly approve any ‘reproductive health’ decisions made by their employees or tenants.”
Did you know that pregnant women’s bodies aren’t their own because they are “hosts?” Oklahoma lawmaker states, “pregnant women’s bodies aren’t their own because they are “hosts.” Yup, we are still having the argument in 2017 that half of us are people. The cognitive dissonance that comes out of this story is astounding:
“I believe one of the breakdowns in our society is that we have excluded the man out of all of these types of decisions,” he said. “I understand that they feel like that is their body,” he said of women. “I feel like it is separate — what I call them is, is you’re a ‘host.’
More disturbing stories from the news:
- Malaysia opening endorses “Gay cure” therapy through fasting.
- Serial pedophile priest Raymond Cheek gets his three-year sentence reduced to two years, so it was not a “life crushing life sentence.”
- Dave Daubenmire says “Public schools are engaged in The Spiritual Raping of Children…whatever that means…
- Lance Wallnau: Donald Trump evicted witchcraft from The White House
- According to Alex Jones, Lady Gaga is “The Goddess Of Satan.”
Stories covered in episode:
- Pakistan bans Valentine’s Day for being UnIslamic – Pakistani court issues nationwide ban on Valentine’s Day
- St. Louis Passes Proposal Adding Women Who’ve Aborted to Non-Discrimination Ordinance
- Oklahoma lawmaker: pregnant women’s bodies aren’t their own, because they are “hosts”
- Malaysia openly endorses ‘gay cure’ therapy
- Paedophile priest Raymond Cheek: Anglican Church ‘surprised’ by two-year jail sentence
- Dave Daubenmire: Public Schools Are Engaged In ‘The Spiritual Raping Of Children’
- Lance Wallnau: Donald Trump Evicted Witchcraft From The White House
- Alex Jones: Lady Gaga Is ‘The Goddess Of Satan’
Stories covered in episode:
- Here’s a list of everything President Donald Trump did in week one. #TheProjectTV
- When even men who risk their lives for the US are denied entry, the dream of America is dead
- Politics Behind closed doors, Republican lawmakers fret about how to repeal Obamacare
- House Republicans’ Permanent Ban on Federal Abortion Funding Would Affect Private Insurance, Too
Thanks to Andre, from The Atheist Candidate Project for stopping by the studio. The Atheist Candidate Project is designed to connect people who are thinking about running for office as an atheist with individuals who can offer mentorship, guidance, and web skills.
How can you help?
- Contribute. Donate at www.atheistcandidateproject.com
- Share online
- Sign up to volunteer – Need skilled volunteers to help with data analyzation and various ways of marketing online
In this episode, Cecil and Tom talk about the Women’s Marches throughout the U.S. During the Women’s March, Nazi Richard Spencer was punched in the face on air. Cecil and Tom discuss the problem with using violence and how we can’t give up our moral high ground. Donald Trump has been busy during his first week in office. Trump signed a number of executive orders including The Sanctity of Human Life Act that declares the right to life is guaranteed in the constitution, and it begins at fertilization aka “Make America get coat hangers again” – Cecil. They also discuss a story about how some creationists are claiming Beowulf proves humans and dinosaurs coexisted.
Stories we covered in episode:
- Father and son accused of raping 13-year-old girl only want to be judged by the laws of the Bible
- H.R.586 – Sanctity of Human Life Act
- Rick Joyner: Women’s March Was ‘A Blatant Manifestation Of The Jezebel Spirit’
- Jim Bakker: Trump’s Critics Look ‘Demon-Possessed’
- Donald Trump Reinstates Ronald Reagan’s Abortion ‘Global Gag Rule’
- Rick Joyner: Rain During Trump’s Inauguration Was A Sign Of ‘A Blessing From God’
- Creationists Claim Beowulf Proves Humans and Dinosaurs Coexisted
- Kellyanne Conway: WH Spokesman Gave ‘Alternative Facts’ on Inauguration Crowd
- A National Pizza Chain Has Introduced an ‘Alternative Facts’ Zero-Calorie Pie
- Are scientists going to march on Washington?
- Death Metal Rooster ft. Drumming Washing Machine
Inauguration Live Show:
A shout out to Camp Quest!
Registration is now open for our mid-west listeners.
Register at: http://michigancampquest.org/index.php/register/
Not from the Michigan area? Find your local Camp Quest at https://campquest.org/